Currently BirdLife Botswana remains active providing services to its members, which are the valuable mainstay of BLB. It is also heavily involved in education and outreach, and continues to undertake research and be involved in conservation. BirdLife Botswana have four(4) climatic areas namily; sites,species, empowering people and ecological sustainability.
The BirdLife Partnership strives to conserve birds, their habitats and global biodiversity, working with people towards sustainability in the use of natural resources.
BirdLife aims to conserve species, sites and habitats so as to:
- Prevent the extinction of any bird species in the wild
- Maintain and where possible improve the conservation status of all bird species
- Conserve and where possible improve and enlarge sites and habitats important for birds
- Help, through birds, to conserve biodiversity and to improve the quality of people's lives
- Integrate bird conservation into sustaining people's livelihoods